Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend fun

What makes up a fun weekend for the Harris family?  Well mostly just hanging out at the house in our pj's watching cartoons.  However, this weekend not only did we hang out in our pj's, we also made a trip to the local Walmart.  Saturday morning I needed two items from Walmart, angel food cake for a recipe I was making for dinner and cat food.  Now normally I do not take the children with me to Walmart for two very good reasons.  One, it takes three times as long to shop with the kids and two, I always end up with a buggy full of junk.  I debated in my head rather or not to just wait and pick up these few items later or to drag the kids along.  I decided to be brave and go.  Another challenge with bringing the kids is keeping Leo busy.  He really is too old to ride in the buggy although he still loves to.  I come up with the great idea to let Leo help me write out our grocery list.  Mother of the year, right?  I tell him to write down the two things that we really need at Walmart and help him spell them.  Then I tell him to think of a few other things we might need.  He quickly runs to the kitchen and comes back into Nora's room where I am trying to get her dressed.  He starts writing but since I'm busy with Nora I don't really pay any attention to the list.  He asks me how to spell bananas and I think "wow this is brilliant."  He is so proud when I ask to see the list.  Here it is:

I bust out laughing.  A TV?  Really?  I ask Leo where he thinks we need a TV and he says "my room of course."  So much for that brilliant idea.  I tell him that we have to save our money because TVs cost a lot of dollars.  I finish putting Nora's hair into pigtails and we are off on a fun adventure of Saturday morning shopping at the local Walmart. 



After shopping, Leo is complaining of his tummy hurting .  He doesn't have a fever but since he is going to the bathroom an awful lot,  we do not go to church on Sunday.  It's a stay in our pj's all day kinda day.  After lunch, I put Nora down for a nap.  Leo hasn't napped on the weekends in years.  Nora is now fighting naptime on the weekends because she knows Leo is at home and wants to play with him.  I have not outgrown naptime and am hoping for at least a little peace and quiet.  After about 30-45 minutes of hearing Nora talking and playing in her bed, I hear her calling Leo's name.  I listen and again she is calling Leo.  After a few times of Leo not responding, Nora calls out "Leo a woohoo Leo."  Yes, Nora is calling Leo just like she tries to whistle and call the dogs.  Woohoo Leo.  I crack up.  Only in our house do children try to call people as you would a dog.  Finally after no response form Leo, Nora gets quiet and I know she is sleeping.  Here is what I see when I go to wake her up:




Seriously how do you sleep with all those toys?  Leo loved to sleep with all his stuffed animals piled up around him.  Must be genetic!

Well just another typical weekend for the Harris family.

No comments:

Post a Comment